How old are your clothes?

Mine are so old...my SO's are even older. We will buy some new things when we absolutely must, but mostly we spend that money on the kids. My SO has t-shirts from 10 years ago, but his weight hasn't changed since high school so he can pull it off. I couldn't even tell you how old most of my stuff is because I buy from goodwill, but even so its been a LONG time since I've went for myself other than for maternity clothes. I bet my SO and I spend less than $150 each on clothes every year and that includes socks and undergarments.

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 9:01 AM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Most of mine are oooold. I've had them anywhere from 5-10 years and they were hand-me-downs, so who knows.
    cedailey

Answer by cedailey at 9:07 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I try to follow the rule about if not worn for 2 years then it goes to charity, but as soon as I give it away I have an occasion come up where I want to wear it. I have some things that are 15 years old that I haven't worn for years, but they are items I bought on a memorable vacation, shouldn't have spent the money since I don't wear them, and I should get rid of them. I buy maybe one or two items a year- a pair of pants or top, and usually undergarments, and most of my clothes are 10 years or older.

Answer by Bmat at 9:19 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I have things from 10 years ago and things from yesterday...literally. I try to hit bargains everytime I am in the mall. Get things on the clearance rack when I can for me and my boys.
    toweringbeauty

Answer by toweringbeauty at 12:12 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I have some really old ones that still look great,so I wear them still.I shop a lot & get a lot of new items too though.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 2:16 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I have a mix. Theres some old faithful pieces that I just cant seem to part with then there's a bunch of new stuff added each week.
    tam84

Answer by tam84 at 2:39 AM on Dec. 23, 2008