Did your feet turn purple?

Ok so my feet have been swelling really bad for about 2 months, and trust me, I've tried EVERYTHING!!! But for the past 2 or 3 days, they are so swollen, there is like this weird colored tint to my feet, ankles, and lower legs. It's kind of a brownish/red and purplish color...idk i can't explain it but it's really weird. I have a doctor's appt today, but I've been complaining about the swelling for the past 2 months, and they don't give a flying sh*t and just say to prop them up, wear pantyhose, or drink water, etc etc etc....You would think after 2 months if any of that helped, I would stop complaining right? Ugh...

Anyways...Has this ever happened to you? What could it be?

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 9:28 AM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My feet swelled so bad after my 7th month, the only way I could wear shoes was to cut my tennis shoes. I couldn't even get flip-flops or slippers on. And yes, they were discolored. So I totally feel your pain. I could barely walk because my feet wouldn't bend to a standing position, I had to point my toes out to my sides and waddle. It was horrible. The only thing that helped me at all was to prop them up in the recliner with two pillows under them so they were really high up, and even that only took the edge off. Ice packs felt good, but didn't really do much.

Good luck. My swelling went down about a week after he was born, but they are permanently a size bigger now.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 11:10 AM on Dec. 22, 2008