Pregnant post vasectomy?

Anyone had this happen? I don't really know what is going on. My husband had a vasectomy almost 3 years ago. I didn't have a period last month, and a pink spotting for 2 days 10 days ago. I am very hormonal. I have 4 kids, and yes, the pregnancy signs are all there. HPT negative, but I read that it can take 14 days from implantation (Maybe that pink spotting was implantation???) SO, I was wondering what thoughts might be about this. Could it be something else??

Scimecamommy

Asked by Scimecamommy at 9:31 AM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• my ex- sister in law was a post vasectomy baby. It turns out they had tied one of her dad's tubes twice. BUT that was a very long time ago, i'm sure they are much better at checking everything out now days.
    gerti

Answer by gerti at 9:39 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• my first son was a post vasectomy baby this was just 4 years ago
    lonelymommyof2

Answer by lonelymommyof2 at 9:41 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• It could be pre-menopause or other hormone variation.

Answer by Bmat at 10:41 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I used to babysit for a little boy who was a vasectomy tubal ligation baby!! Miracles REALLY do happen!! LOL! Good luck!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 10:58 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Oh lord...has no one ever told people you can get preggo up to 2 years after a vasectomy? They tell you most of the time now to have your hubby...umm how can i put this politley...Take care of himself first then you later..Hes not shooting blanks for the first round but its safer the second so they say.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• To anon 8:03, My DH is going in for a vasectomy next month, and I specifically asked his doctor about this. He said that it generally takes 3 months for the tubes to clear out, and it is VERY important for him to have a sperm count done at the end of that 3 months. But after that the only thing that could make me pregnant by him again is if his tubes fused back together.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 11:07 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Have your hubby go to a urologist and get checked, that will tell you if he can or can't get you pregnant. Good luck.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:12 AM on Dec. 22, 2008