• In the Spotlight:

Do you think you spent too much money on Christmas this year?

poobear5

Asked by poobear5 at 9:32 AM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Money & Work

• Oh hell yes! I start Christmas shopping in August after my daughters birthday and I had a great year with my business I'm still spending money. If I could get out of the 2 feet of snow we just had I'd be at the mall!
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 9:45 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• no if i could find more money i would spend that too. lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:34 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I agree with jodi205,I love buying for others,and if I had a million dollars,I would spend it all on people for the holidays.I bought for 40 kids this year,and don't regret one thing.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 9:45 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• No... It's the first year I haven't been able to buy the kids everything they wanted :( .... but it will help them focus on the true meaning of Christmas instead of the gifts! Merry Christmas every one!
    prettyeyedmommy

Answer by prettyeyedmommy at 9:54 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• yes i DID! but ill think on that later...im goin shopping!
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 10:14 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I have spent more than I wanted and it has seriously hurt my budget, but I am excited about everything I got for people. I put a lot of thought into what I got and I bargained shopped for those items to the best of my abilities. I can't wait to see everyone's reactions on Thursday!
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 10:28 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• No, I spent a lot but the last couple of Christmas' have been very tight so I'm making up for it this year.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:30 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Actually, this is the first yr that I HAVEN'T spent too much! lol Usually, I spend way more than I plan to. This yr, I've been out of work most of the yr, so I had a very limited budget. I went online, and looked, and planned and was very careful to pick and choose what I was going to buy before I went to the stores, and spent way less than I usually do, and right around the amount that I budgeted for this yr. I think I'm going to start doing it that way every yr now.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:24 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• nope - this is the time to be generous - i love to buy gifts for everyone -
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 2:33 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I wish I had more money to buy stuff for others, but I just got small gifts.I just could not afford it this year.
    tropikanagirl

Answer by tropikanagirl at 3:00 PM on Dec. 22, 2008