does any one else ever feel this way?

as time for delivery gets closer, i keep having thoughts about me not living through it. I know that sounds morbid but it's what I'm feeling & I try to tell my hubby what I want done & how i want the kids taken care of but then he gets made & tells me i'm beeing silly. I know is prob just nerves but does anyone else ever worry about this?

gerti

Asked by gerti at 9:36 AM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• its not something i sit and think about... Thats why we are in a hospital and they have so many things to do to make sure we are ok...They know what to do and how to do it... Good Luck you will be fine!
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 9:38 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• It is perfectly reasonable for you to be "unreasonable" during pregnancy. Remember, more hormones are going thru your body now, than the rest of your life! I have 4 children, and I can recognize those tendencies. I would prepare myself with facts, that can't be disputed. The mortality rate in our country during child labor is very low. There are so many things that they have available immediately, that you can rest assured you will be ok. I had a hemmorage during my second delivery, and believe me, they got it handled quickly. I went on to have 2 more kids! Good luck to you.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 9:42 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Its not something you should dwell on but it is something you and DH should discuss. Not just for labor but everyday. My Dh and I have talked about what the kids and I would do if he died and what he and the kids would do if I died. He knows how I want our girls taken care of and him and his mom would do a good job. I feel comfortable knowing if something happens to me my kids will be well taken care of. Same as he has asked that if he dies I stay in colorado with his family instead of going home to mine because they are not the best people to rasie kids around. I agreed and he knows his mom would help me with our kids so he would not have to worry about that.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 9:57 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I have had the same feelings but I also know that there is nothing that will happen to me...I have faith in my hospital and doctor to know that they will do whatever it takes to keep me alive!!! I wouldn't stress out about it too much you will be fine!!!
    Mother_of_two

Answer by Mother_of_two at 10:27 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• yup! i even have dreams. i am seriously paranoid to be on freeway because i feel like i can get in a bad acccident even so its not just having the thought of dying while in labor.
    lydiamama

Answer by lydiamama at 4:05 PM on Dec. 23, 2008