does anybody else have a baby that fights sleep like its a curse? lol my son is only 2 months old and sometimes i am at my wits end to get him to go to sleep

hannah88608

Asked by hannah88608 at 9:58 AM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If my daughter gets overly tired then she fights it and it is SO hard to get her down. I try to catch her before she gets too sleepy. If it is before her bedtime and she is starting to get droopy eyelids then I rush to get her bath in and to bed, otherwise I will pay the price of keeping her up too long. Many nights I end up having to walk my dd to sleep. It only takes about five minutes, but I am sure I am forming a bad habit.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 10:20 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Have you tried swaddling? My DS hated it, but if he got overly tired I would basically fight him into a swaddling blanket and he would fall asleep immediately. It put him to sleep, he just hated it while he was awake lol.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 11:04 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Is your son in his own room? That did help with our twins.
    r2mommy

Answer by r2mommy at 11:04 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• When my son decided to start staying up during the day, he fought it tooth and nail; I had to fight just to get him to take one nap a day. I ended up having to put him in his swing to get him to take that one nap, and eventually he got used to it and didn't need the swing any more. But if there's something that makes it easier for your son to get to sleep, then do that for a while so he gets to know that that's sleep time and see if he'll go down any easier. Just don't keep at it for too long or he'll learn to depend on that to fall asleep and it'll be just as hard to get him out of that habit.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:17 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• My little girl fought sleep bad to. I didn't even realize babies that age did that. Things I did was the CIO... I never let her cry long... 15 minutes max... usually less. She usually didn't fall asleep on her own by crying but she would wear herslef out by doing it... it got her past that point of I know I'm tired but I don't want to sleep... to... I'm to tired to do anything but sleep. After I would let her CIO I would pick her up and rock her and talk to her and about 5 mintues later shed be sleeping. After a little of the CIO we put up blinking christmas lights in her room and in hopes that she would be dazed by them and that would put her to sleep....
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 1:33 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• And that helped also... and being in her own room. Put him to bed while hes awake though because then he'll learn to put himself back to sleep and he'll be more likely to sleep through the night. If he gets fussy try talking to him or singing to him, playing with his hair... without picking him up out of his bed. My daughters been putting herself to sleep and sleeping through the night since 3 months old :) Best of luck!
    dtetz

• My two month old fights sleep in the evenings it seems. He usually takes a 30 to 45 minute nap maybe 3 or 4 hours before bedtime. My best advice would be... stay calm with him. Don't move him around much. Rock with him, walk, or whatever you would normally do with him to soothe him at keep at it for a little bit. My son won't usually fuss for more than 10 or 15 minutes before he eventually just gives up... lol.
    drakesmommy0624

Answer by drakesmommy0624 at 1:04 AM on Dec. 28, 2008