Would you feel this way?

My ex-h has been out of prison for 1 month and yesterday at 5am there was someone sneaking around my dd's bedroom window. They saw a shadow and after the sun came up, my SO went to check it out and sure enough - there were footprints in the snow. They were fresh. I am paranoid that it was my ex-h. I called his PO and had them do a body check on him and he is there, 100 miles from me - but it still could have been him. The kids were freaked when they saw the shadow by their window and wont go in their rooms now. We had all the kids sleep in the living room last night - just in case.

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 10:21 AM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Relationships

• We can't have a dog where we live - mine is in a foster home ATM til we get a place where we can have her. I called my lawyer and she is telling me to get a gun - so I am working on the paperwork. Where I live, I can get a permit to carry a concealed weapon. Thankfully, my SO is a volunteer with the sherrif's dept so they are on alert. I called the PO for my ex and he did a body check and he is where he is sposed to be, now. Wouldn't be too hard for him to have snuck here and left and be back home now. All windows have lock on them and we keep our outside lights on. It's so hard to try to feel safe. For right now, we have hidden knives and bleach cleaner in all the rooms in the house - just in case, to try to fight him off. I just wish I knew what to tell the kids to help them feel safer.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 3:11 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• No matter who it was, there shouldn't have been anyone outside the children's window. I hope you called the police.

Answer by Bmat at 10:23 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Ex husband or not I would be freaking out. I would consider installing a professional alarm. That is the only thing that would make me feel better. There is also motion sensors that can be installed on all windows.
    maddiemygirl

Answer by maddiemygirl at 10:25 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• If you can afford it buy a camera that be you put up out side. Put it up by the kids rooms Or just a security system on your house.

Answer by louise2 at 10:26 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• get servalance. or get motion lights, they turn on when it seses movement. that usually scares them away. it couldve been him but it coudve been anyone really. maybe stay up one night if you can and keep watch about the same time they saw the shadow.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 10:38 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• You can buy portable alarms that will connect under the window seal same for doors. If the window or door is opened then a high pitched sound goes off. They run off batteries. You might want to check into that.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:47 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• get a big barking guard dog. or a yappie little dog that barks at everything. i would ask the cops to have them drive by your house for the next week or so about that time. i'm sure they will if you ask.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:58 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I agree get motion lights or an alarm just to be safe.
    LND

Answer by LND at 12:16 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I would get an inexpensive security camera and a gun, then I would stay up all night and wait for him because if it is your ex he will most likely show back up.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:26 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Maybe you should get some kind of security system installed.Remember that little girl that was taken from her bed room by those cult people.I think it was Elizabeth smart.You have a reason to worry.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 12:49 PM on Dec. 22, 2008