Would it be that bad??

My SO and I think we will put all the toys under the tree unwrapped so the kids can just play with them. They are 12, 8 and 6 yrs old. We think we will wrap the one's in the stockings.....to be different. Do you think the kids will like this? (We can't afford a lot of wrapping paper.)

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 10:23 AM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Holidays

• Not having $$ sucks!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 7:34 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• you can go to the dollar store and get paper for a dollar i would rather wrap the gifts
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:25 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Have you considered gift bags? You can purchase them at the dollar store also and they can be reused every year.
    maddiemygirl

Answer by maddiemygirl at 10:27 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• It is fun to uwrap. Use newspaper, either the Sunday funnies or ads or even black and white. You can color some Christmas trees or bells on the paper, and write Merry Christmas and so forth. Then you can even recycle the paper. You save money, you are being "green" and the kids have the fun of unwrapping.

Answer by Bmat at 10:28 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I would try and wrap them -- I have even used the Sunday comics
    amo3373

Answer by amo3373 at 10:29 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Last year I ran out of money without buying paper, so I made some stamps out of potatoes (Star, tree, ornament) and had the girls dip them in paint and decorate a newspaper. It was a ton of fun and everyone on my list loved it. I even used it on their gifts, I just made sure that they got each other's art work. So like my oldests gifts were wrapped with paper my youngest decorated.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 10:32 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I would try to wrap them. I agree with jodi205. The dollar stores sale some.
    LND

Answer by LND at 10:52 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Our dollar store sells wrapping paper but i wouldn't recommend it. You get 15 or 25 sq feet for a dollar. But if you have a big lots in your area, check there. I've bought wrapping paper from big lots in the past, and they have always had christmas wrapping that was atleast 200 sq feet for no more than $5.But i can understand the tight budget. If you can't fit the money in, i would atleast make my own with old news papers or the paper the stuff when they send packages online, if you order anything from online. We've done the potato stamps to dress up our own wrapping and it turned out so cute and it's still recycling. But your kids might get a little sad or disappointed if they don't get any of the surprise factor with opening them. Or you could hid them and have then do like a treasure hunt to find them. That way they would still get the surprise factor but without the wrapping.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 12:13 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Take a paper bag and cut it and wrap it inside out so only the brown part is showing and then decorate it.
    WishyClarkson

Answer by WishyClarkson at 1:49 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I was thinking about this too. I'm out of wrapping paper! I do have some newspaper that I can use, but for the most part, that won't be enough.
    And I don't have a dollor store here, and walmart is out of wrapping paper.
    Anonymous