Question for Christians and Muslims

If someone of your religion said they did not believe in some things (ie. hell or sin) how would you see this person? Would you see they were still believers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am a christan this is imo i would still think of that person as christan and i would still love them the very best i could.I would pray for them to seek understanding in there own way, and to find there path in life.
    kim168

Answer by kim168 at 10:36 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• kudos to that!
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 11:35 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I agree with kim168. That's the only thing you can do.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:08 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I agree with kin168
    BabayBella

Answer by BabayBella at 12:09 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• if they believe in god isn't that what makes you a christian, do muslims believe in god? i don't know.i'm sure in most beliefs there is one thing or another you don't agree with. why someone would believe in one thing and not the whole thing is beyond me. i would seek a different religion.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:14 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I would still love and accept them. I don't believe that you're a Christian just because you believe in God......Satan believes in God, he know's that He is real, and he's not a christian. You have to have a relationship with Christ in order to be a Christian, ask forgivenss of sins and live a conformed life. I too would pray for them and try to inform them without insulting them...
    3callmemama

Answer by 3callmemama at 12:50 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• The Bible is an all or nothing deal, you take it or leave it. If somebody claims to be a Christian but thinks some parts of the Bible are made up and doesn't believe in some of it, I'd wonder why they bother at all... because if they don't believe the word, that means they don't believe Jesus, and faith in Jesus IS what makes you a Christian. If you disregard the parts of the Bible that cramp your style, you aren't really a Christian.
    I would definitely still love them, and pray for them. I wouldn't lie to them and tell them they are a Christian, though, because that would be dangerous.

I can't offer any insight on Islam, that's for sure, but I could assume most true Muslims feel the same. If you are Muslim and don't believe parts of the Koran because they cramp your style, you're probably truly Muslim.
    God bless.
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 1:54 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I would feel they are misguided, but I wouldnt try to change them. If you are a believer in Christ, then you should at least be growing in knowledge. Not to say that youre going to have it all figured out and not have questions, but its not common to come across someone who says they are a "believer" (in the christian sense" and say that they dont believe in hell or sin, ect. Most people who are still searching and questioning basic fundamental elements dont call themselves "believers".
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 2:15 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Christians strive to seek God and live up to his commands no matter what they are. They strive to line themselves up with Him. I don't see how someone can be Christian and not believe in what their Father has said weather it be sin hell, ect.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 3:28 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• No melody77 Muslims dont believe in God they believe the world is purple and that Mushrooms are their Gods! If you didnt notice the sarcastic tone in this you really need some help!
    Anonymous