Who thinks this is sweet and who thinks this is an insult?

My DH told me last night that I deserve the best and for Christmas I think he bought boots, and clothes...expensive brand names. He said woman like me deserve to look the best and have the best clothes and the finest things in life. He said I am a very beautiful woman but I rely too much on my natural beauty and I am such a tom boy which attracted me to him. Now, after a baby he wants me to dress up more and wear a little makeup.

aznblond9

Asked by aznblond9 at 10:49 AM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Relationships

Level 1 (-25 Credits)
  • sweet i wish my hubby would do this :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:51 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Men need to stop talking a lot sooner than they actually do. LOL. I think he should have left it at "you deserve the best" and not thrown in the whole tom boy thing. It's still sweet though.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 10:52 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• i think i would be hurt cause i have always been a tom boy and if my hubby said he didn't like me looking like that anymore then it's like saying he doesn't like that fact about me. it's like he is trying to dress me up. he'd be right i am beautiful but it's the beauty in the inside that i would want him to see not concentrate on the beauty on the outside. i would rather he spent the money in another way rather then dressing me up to look better for him. they would most likely sit in my closet.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:53 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• It was all sweet until the very last part about "relying on your natural beauty too much", WTH?

Now he want's you to dress up more and wear makeup? Maybe he should go have a baby and spend 24/7 taking care of the little one, cleaning house, cooking, and whatever else you might do and see  if he feels like "dressing up".

Why doesn't he just give you a two week vacation to the Virgin Islands and tell you, "You deserve a vacation and I'll watch the baby while your gone." That would impress me.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:55 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 10:56 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• awe! id take it as a compliment and i dont take ANYTHING as compliments lol
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 10:58 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I'm neutral. At least he is talking about something that bothers him rather than looking around. He thought he was doing it in a gentle manner.

Answer by Bmat at 11:00 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Hubby wants u to be a little sexier 4 him so what's the problem with that. He saw this as an opportunity as the perfect way to tell u without really trying to offend u. Take it as a compliment and maybe u should get a little sexy 4 ur man every once in a while. At least he's buying the stuff 4 u instead of looking or going after other women. Overall it was sweet and a nice gesture so don't be offended. I would never turn down cute clothes and shoes. Good Luck Hun!
    ms.busybody

Answer by ms.busybody at 11:43 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I think he meant well, men just get in their own way sometimes. If it is bothering you alot , you should tell him. Say something like"I love all the gifts etc...but it made me feel like maybe you don't think I am fine just the way I am, and it kinda bugged me." good luck!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:16 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Sweet but he should not have said tom boy. Men don't mind paying a littlle extra to buy things that will make you look good. Decide to do it for yourself too though. You will feel better and He will feel good that you are doing it too. It will prove you care about him and yourself. Blessings!
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 12:21 PM on Dec. 22, 2008