Anyone prescribed macrobid while pregnant?

I am 8 months pregnant and went to the hospital yesterday, because it was hurting to pee. They did a urine culture and were still waiting to get the results, but told me that they were going to treat me for a UTI and prescribedme macrobid. I of course asked if it were safe to take, even ifI don't have a UTI and they said yes, this is what they prescribe to all pregnant women. They monitored me and the baby and it turns out I was having contractions. Which I didnt feel, besides my back was very achey...When I left the hospital I was already feeling better. Could I be having the urge to pee all the time from the contractions. Then of course when I got home I researched this drug, and I am now freaked out about taking it. Please Help!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I have to take that off and on through all of my pregnancies because of bladder infections. As a matter of fact I am on it now. I haven't had any problems, my OB and my family doctor regularly prescribe it to pregnant women.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:07 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• You having to pee a lot could be from the baby pushing on your bladder and the achy back is most likely the contractions you don't think you feel.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:08 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• you know that is what i was thinking this morning that it could be from. I almost want to stop taking the macrobid, because I am such a baby about taking medications while being pregnant. I feel totally fine now. And I know that it cant be from taking two pills. cuz it takes a good 24 hours for medications to fully get into ur system. I am waiting for my doctor to call me back
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• If your worried, you can just wait until your OB appt to be sure about the infection. A bladder infection shouldn't hurt your baby.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:16 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Yes, I took Macrobid during my first pregnancy. It was the first month of pregnancy for me. I am sure you will be fine. Take Care.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 11:21 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I have taken it with all 3 of my pregnancies. I am currently on it right now. I have never ha a problem with it. The only thing it has done to me was my pee turned brownish.
    Anonymous

• you are having the urge to pee because you are 8 months pregnant! your baby is getting ready to be born and has dropped...she is more heavily on your bladder
    Anonymous