whose mothers?

whose mothers stayed bitter after your father left her for another woman and how did that affect you? How did it affect your realtionship with your mom? how did it affect your relationship with your dad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Relationships

• I don't think my mom was really bitter afterwards. She got remarried about 2 years later. I on the other hand had huge issues with my dad. He was horrible at making the transition easier on his kids. He just moved in with her, and all of a sudden we had a second family. I still hold some resentment towards my dad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Wow, this is a big one! My mom wasn't so much as bitter as she was destroyed(which included bitterness at some points). It affected my relationship with her because I ended up being her confidane and I heard more than any child should ever know about a parent. By her expressing and telling me stuff, I not only felt overwhelmed from her but I was so mad at my dad. Honestly tho my dad was a ass so my harsh feelings for him were valid. It did get better over time tho-my relationship with both of them.Good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:52 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I am not in the same situation as the question being asked here but I can tell you that my dh's baby mom is constantly on my dh's D***. She is so bitter and its so pathetic but dh never left her for me I came in the picture 6 years later and still she is so bitter towards me and hubby. The son is the one who is suffering from the whole ordeal and i feel bad for him. He cried and said that I wish mom and dad wwould be more civilized towards each other. He is going to have a trouble teenage years and adult years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• No, my Dad left and married the woman he was cheating with. My mom wasn't bitter, he was always a cheat. I think she was more relieved to move on. Btw, he cheated on his new wife too...go figure. I think that gave my Mom a little pleasant satisfaction.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 12:17 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I was the biter mom.It definately affected my relationship with my grown kids.But the older they get the more they have come to understand.I'm not biter anymore.And I don't regret putting the man out and divorcing him.I had to set a good example of what to put up with from a man for my daughter.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 12:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• well let see after 14 years of being married to my mother. Owned there own beautiful home, 2 children, hot tub, pool, tree forts for my brother and i, 30 acers of wetlands set behind us. Life was perfect for us all. My dad left my mom for a MAN. Yes he is now gay tried to live the life he thought he should but just couldent do it. Said he knew he was gay in high school. Wow way to mess everyones life up.Especially my mom. She became numb and started to stress life sucked for like 3 years. We had to move around and sleep on floors. She has been in a relationship with a man now 7 years. but it destroyed our relationship...... My dad we get along but i only do so my daughter can have a grandpa. Hes has been in a relationship with a man for 8 years. Im christian so i dont belive its okay to be gay but i would never dislike someone because of it. However my dads SO is not allowed in our home.
    Anonymous

• WOW! I couldn't possibly express the crap my mother put me thorough over my absentee father...in a 1000 characters or less! LOL! My mother (according to my grandparents) was "Hell on wheels" from the day she was born! So, fast-forward 40+ years since I was born, and she's STILL Hell on wheels! She still feels nothing but contempt for my father (sperm donor, as I never met him), including his 98 year old mother!!! She has been diagnosed with Narcissistic Personality Disorder, so of course, it's all about her--she's the perpetual victim or blames someone else for her shortcomings! As a result, I no longer speak to her, and she has never met either of what will be her only grandchildren. Life is too short to be so freakin' miserable!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:20 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• My mother was bitter for many years. I am not convinced that shes completely over it, even though she says she is. He did not leave her for another woman though. She left because she felt over controlled. Then she wanted to come back. This went on for years and finally he told her to get out and stay out. He did it for the emotional benefit of us. She was unbearable for many years and her own hatred and bitterness made her sick. As a child, it made me miserable to know that my mom hated my dad. I felt so worthless. As an adult, I finally realized that he was NOT all those things that she called him. He kept his mouth shut and as I grew up, I realized that my resentment was more towards her than him. His silence eventually paid off.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 2:06 PM on Dec. 22, 2008