What table food is right to give to my 7 month old.

My son is 7 months old and has been eating stage 2 fruits, cereal, vegs and dinner but he doesn't like there gravy with meat, pear w/ pineapples or there garden veg. But everything he loves and I would like to try and give him something different during mealtimes but not sure what to give him. When he sitting on my lap or someone else lap he is always try to reach for what we have on our plates or if he is sitting in his high chair he will watch us eat and try to grab for what we have. He doesn't have any teeth yet so I'm not sure if it's ok to give him table since he doesn't have teeth but I do give him some finger pruffs, bitter biscut ( in a feeding net) and little bit of vianlla ice cream which he seems to love and having no problems with the dairy. So I just want to see what other mommies would recommed.

LoriAnn87

Asked by LoriAnn87 at 1:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• mashed potatoes, cooked carrots, peas, green beans, there are thease little pastas that look like stars. you can give him that with a little butter. chicken nooddle soup, abc soup, diced bananas, peaches, pears. There is this teething ring kind of thing with a mesh netting. you can put fruit in it such as apple and he will bite on it and get the juice from it and little bits of apple too
    And if he can eat the puffs he can eat cheerios too.
    I hope this helps.
    luvmylitboy

Answer by luvmylitboy at 4:19 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• A lot of people, doctors included, will tell you to feed your baby what you eat, with obvious exceptions. Just blend it up in the blender.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:16 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I would buy the very thin bread from Pepridge Farms (spl) and put cheese on it and cut it up into little cubes.
    mythreesuns

Answer by mythreesuns at 1:18 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• my son loves mashed potatos
    ElijahLeeMama

Answer by ElijahLeeMama at 1:47 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• My 8 month old LOVES the food we eat...if it is too tough for her to chew we let her lick it or whatever. But she loves mashed potatoes, she loves pita bread, she likes breaded chicked I just shred it up really fine and she chews on it a little. She will pretty much eat anything you give her. But really let her try everything you have. My daughter has 2 teeth so it makes it a little easier, but I still give her a taste of everything she actually likes it all much better then the baby food. She hates the mac and cheese baby food.
    lilynchloes_mom

Answer by lilynchloes_mom at 2:40 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• My son is 1 now and still doesn't eat too many table foods. He gags on everything with 4 teeth. He does well with mashed potatoes and rice but everything else has to be the tiniest piece.
    michellec3

Answer by michellec3 at 2:44 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• If he has some teeth, and is interested start giving him table food, small (really small, like pinkie nail small) cut up soft foods, like banana slices coated with rice crispies, diced mango, or avacoado, cheerios, cooked beans...the list is endless...keep food safety in mind, but give your baby new yextures and flavors...he'll love eating with his hands too!!
    Boodahbear0608

Answer by Boodahbear0608 at 3:03 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• mashed potatoes, definitly.
    ButterfliAngelx

Answer by ButterfliAngelx at 3:47 PM on Jul. 14, 2008