Is it normal not to feel the baby as much at 35-36 weeks?

I really dont feel him move as much.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes - as the baby gets bigger there is less room there for movement. Mine did the same thing. Then one day she was super active and next thing I knew I was in labor!

Congrats!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:59 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Yes, it's a very tight squeeze in there right now. A couple days before my water broke it felt like DS was going to punch is way out! His head was down so low, it was very uncomfortable.
    mommyonhawaii

Answer by mommyonhawaii at 12:12 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Yes!! your baby does not have room to move.
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 12:13 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Yes...what evryone said. The baby is very cramped in there.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 12:16 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• You should still be able to feel at least 8-10 movements over a two hour period during their "busy" time. Every baby's pattern is different on when that time is, it should be at least once or twice a day. The movements feel less dramatic but should still be there. You won't feel the baby doing flips, of course, but you should feel an arm or leg here and there - a kick up into your ribs, an arm or elbow drag over your belly. If you can't at least distinguish 8 movements - call your doctor. I also feel the hiccups a TON, I'm 34 weeks. Good luck Momma!
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 12:22 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• As long as you do feel the baby on a regular daily basis(it doesn't have to be big moves), you're fine. i was scared at he end of my first preganancy because of this very thing-they are just squished. Good luck mama!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:24 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• It is normal for the movement to slow down because the baby is growing and losing space. They are also at a point were they develop day/night patterens and the busy time could be when you aren't paying attention.
    Here is a website for you:
    http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/pregnancytests/a/aa061697.htm
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 12:27 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Yes i feel light movements but not crazy one's like i have b4 lol
    and also thanks everyone for taking the time to answer.
    Anonymous

• yeah, i'm 36 weeks and at my ultrasound on friday the sonographer mentioned that baby is really big, and running out of room, so she's occupying every little crevice she can (including my rib cage :/ ) but if you aren't getting your kick counts make sure you call your dr. or go to the hospital, you dont want to wait. if you dont feel her move all day and you wait for a few days to go to the hospital, she could've gotten wrapped up in her umbilical cord or pinched it or something. no matter how big you are you should feel her move on a daily basis.
    tegansnowflake

Answer by tegansnowflake at 4:19 PM on Dec. 22, 2008