What do your friends do with their kids that drives you absolutely crazy?

Feel free to answer anonymously...I am even asking anonymously because I have friends on CM, but one of my friends will dress her overweight child in skin tight gray sweatsuits all the time and it drives me nuts...to make it worse, she will pack snack cakes and salami sandwiches in the little girls lunch every day. Start helping the situation and stop making your child look ridiculous!!!

Another friend's 2 year old cant be without her for a second (even going to the kitchen when he's in the living room) without letting out blood curdling screams for his mom and she comes running right back and coos him and everything else rather than trying to fix it. She also leaves him all the time to go to the bar and parties and concerts which is probably why he freaks out every time he's left...he doesn't know when she's coming back!

There's my rant!! Feels good to say it!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Dec. 22, 2008 in General Parenting

• I know I come from a different background than my friends, but I got left constantly as a child and grew up knowing I wasn't anywhere near as important as a bar or a vacation to my mother. I don't leave my daughter at all unless it is for work because I don't want her to feel like that, but I see my friends leave their kids overnight all the time, going to do their own things all the time, never taking their kids along for anything...they seem so desperate to get away from their kids and have "me" time that I wonder why they even bothered having kids if it is so awful to be tied to your kids!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:11 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I can't stand it when friends formula feed. I hate it MORE THAN ANYTHING when they make a lame excuse as to why they cant breastfeed. In actuality, less than 3% honestly can't. I get sooooo pissed.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 12:00 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• My friend doesn't allow her kids to say "butt" and it bugs me. It's a BUTT! LOL!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:00 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I go crazy when my friends kids are complete brats. She never disciplines them -they hit and scream and demand things and she gives it to them everytime. And then has the nerve to say she is exhausted...lol IMO it is far my exauhsting to teach your kids to do the right things, that's where the work is. Before she had kids she would tell me all the stuff she was going to different(and better) with her kids and I have to laugh because my ds never did any of the crap hers do . needless to say she is pretty quiet with the parenting tips now.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:06 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• My friend let her son slaps her in the face and she thinks that is so cute. Bad parenting!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• When people teach and think it's cute for their kids to hit!! What is so not cute is when a bratty 2 year old comes up to you and says I'm gonna punch you in the face for not giving him an extra snack then the parent laughs!!! Also people who make special meals for children who won't eat anything but junk! make them eat what your eating!!
    Anonymous

• I have a freind that lets he little girl say anything to anyone. We were in the museum on time and she went up to a lady and asked her if she was pregnant or just fat!!! Said it just like that!!! The lady got so offended. And my friend says well at least she was being honest. What?! Are you kidding me?! Teach your kids what is appropriate to ask/say and whats not!
    Anonymous

• Heh.. I hate it when people think MY kids are brats but their brats are angels. ;) I pick my battles. I know my kids aren't perfect and we all have different things we will put up with -- but I hate it when people think their kids stuff doesn't stink. Everyones angel can be a brat sometimes. Deal with it.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 12:17 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I hate it when my friend lets het 5 year old swear and thinks its cute and hilarious. I mean we are talking about the F bomb here and he says it in public and she thinks its a riot!
    WishyClarkson

Answer by WishyClarkson at 12:20 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I have a friend who literally will let her daughter wear flip flops in the middle of winter-- with snow and ice on the ground! Her arguement is, "I tried to get her not to wear those, but that's what she wanted to wear!" Uh, HELLO, she's FIVE! You might want to give her some guidance!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 12:25 PM on Dec. 22, 2008