Just Curious....

How many of you were induced?? What were the reasons and how far along were you?!?! I have a docs appt today and he is going to talk to us about inducing.
Thanks

Babyclark08

Asked by Babyclark08 at 12:29 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I was induced at 39 weeks and 2 days because of high blood pressure (and I swelled up REALLY BAD). I wrote a journal entry about my experience if you want the details.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 12:31 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I was induced with my first born at 41 weeks. The reason I was induced was because I had gone exactly 7 days past my due date, was 3 cm dilated and 70 % effaced so the doctor said it was time...
    ljliammama

Answer by ljliammama at 12:32 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I was induced at 40 weeks and 2 days pregnant...because I was bleeding bright red blood like a period. They didn't know what it was from. It wasn't the mucus plug. My blood pressure was high and my baby's heart was at 90 bpm. (supposed to be around 130). I was having trouble breathing and I felt like she was going to break through my ribs (like the alien movies). It was very uncomfortable. I asked to get induced. I ended up having a c-section after 16 hours of painful labor.. I only got to 4cm with such severe contractions that were lasting 1 minute and 30 seconds with about 20-40 second break in between. My baby tried to come out, the crown of her head looked smooshed in/dented...that went away after a few days. Mama and baby are fine and healthy. My daughter is 12.5 months old now and I'm 17 weeks pregnant!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 1:15 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I was induced at 41 weeks because the baby was large already (they'd estimated 8.5 lbs) and they didn't want to risk her getting much bigger. I started at 1 cm and after 6 horrible hours still at 1 cm and a failed epidural, I had a c-section. Turns out she weighed 10.7 lbs.....thank God for that c-section.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 1:21 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I was induced with me second and third. My first came so quick that I didn't get to the hospital (really didn't even leave my house), and the doctor didn't want to take any chances on my second coming even quicker, so he indued me 11 days before my due date with my second. She came in less than 3 hours. So, with my last one, I asked him if he was planning on inducing me agian when I was 37 weeks along, and he said that my body wasn't ready yet, but at my next visit, my cervix was soft and thin, so he induced me 8 days before my due date. It worked out well for us since my husband could plan to be there.
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 2:37 PM on Dec. 22, 2008