is it bad?

is it bad to be having back labor?

im just wondering

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 12:31 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Its not bad if you are near your due date... I had really bad back pain and my baby came out normal and fine
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 12:32 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• It's just the pain is all concentrated in your back.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 12:33 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• its not bad if your due soon. I had terrible back labor with my son but hes fine its not going to hurt baby.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 12:34 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Hmmm...well, I was in so much pain I couldn't tell when contractions were coming, and I was in active labor. The pain was constant and excrutiating, and ruined my hopes for a drug-free birth because after about 12 hours of it I couldn't take it anymore (total labor was 48 hours). She was a big baby, and she was facing up, and I was 16...
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 12:34 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Not in a normal pregnancy... You are still pre-term?
    I had back labor and it was strong, but not bad.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 12:34 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• oh so it is just the pain that goes with it and being uncomfortable that people worry about then??
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 12:35 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Yeah mostly... I have heard that back labor means the baby is face up, when it should be face down and causes more pain.
    I had 12 solid hours of back labor. Walking helps it progress faster.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 12:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Oh, do you mean is it dangerous? No, just painful and might slow down labor due to baby's position and mom's increased stress and tension.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 12:48 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Its not bad, but it can be more painful and a clue that your baby is posterior, meaning face up instead of face down. My last child was posterior and I knew he was for the last several weeks. His head was pushing on my back and tail bone. Labor was horrible because the pain in one side was shooting down my leg and the epi doesn't help. Once his head came out the doc twisted him around...by then it was too late...LOL......Hope that helps/
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:35 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Not sure what you mean...pain in the back early on, or back labor when delivering? I had horrible back pain while I was in labor, I thought something was wrong with my epidural but my anesthesiologist said it was probably just back labor...seriously though, worst pain EVER!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:27 PM on Dec. 22, 2008