WHAT SHOULD I DO WHEN MY SON IS CRYING JUST TO GET TO ME ? BUT I WORK IN THE SAME DAYCARE WHERE HIS AT

STOP THE CRYING

Justinsmom707

Asked by Justinsmom707 at 1:16 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I can't tell you what to do , but when I just read that it made me sad, you mean he cries just to bug you?
    if that's what you mean, I don't think it's true.
    I really believe kids cry for a reason, especially if he's a baby.
    I have really good memory, and my mother always thought i did things to bug her, I was just trying to learn and have fun, children don't intentionally bug you until they are like 10 or older, unless they are exposed to negative behavior, or don't feel like they have as much attention as they need from parents.
    sorry if this sounds at all rude.
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 4:32 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• It depends how old he is, if hes an infant you should make the time to go see him every now and then, put him on a swing so he can fall asleep. But if he is older, you need to tell him at eye level that mommy is working and make him a promise that you will pick him up after X amount of activities hes involved in. Like for example "Honey mommy is working but i promise to pick you up after you have your circle time." He will look forward to circle time , by then he would have forgotten you LOL. Either that or just have another person watch him and distract him with everything she can! good luck!
    fairybrokenwing

Answer by fairybrokenwing at 4:48 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• He feels lost in the shuffle of the busy day. I would try and make some extra time for him when you have a minute or when you go on break, just for you and him. That way he knows that you are going to spend time with just him when he wont have to share. Maybe you might have to encorporate him in your daily activities at work, (like giving him small tasks to complete) when you are nearby. That way he feels like he is helping, and is also close to you. Good Luck, I know that is a frustrating thing. I operate an inhome child care program and my children act terrible when they are trying to get my attention.
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 5:35 PM on Jul. 14, 2008