Deos it hurt to get your tubes tied?

As i have gone through child birth, i have been thinking about getting my tubes tied. Does it hurt worse then child birth, or do you not feel anything?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Health

• Mine were done after my last c/section. I felt nothing, just a little extra time on the table was all.
    I noticed my periods were a bit heavy the first couple months but that was about it.

I have friends who had theirs tied after vaginal deliveries and they were a bit sore afterwards but nothing a day of easy going didnt fix. It wasnt anything unbearable tho.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 12:44 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I got mine done about two months after I had my last baby. Its surgery so obviously yes it does hurt. They go in through your belly button and then make two small incisions near your pelvis muscles where they tie your tubes. Youre sore for about a week and in major pain about 2 days. Like I said, it is surgery and I have yet to meet anyone who came out of surgery and felt terrific.

Answer by gemgem at 12:51 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• i had mine done 2 days after i had my daughter i wasnt in any pain really
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 1:01 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Gem...I had my tubes ties after my younger son...even though it was considered major surgery (because of being under general anesthesia), I was in and out of the hospital in about 5 hours...and feeling fine that evening! Of course, I felt a tender where the incisions were, but nothing that a little Codene didn't take care of! LOL :O)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:03 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I had mine done a year ago. I wasn't in any pain at all. The procedure was over, they woke me up, I spent a few minutes in recovery and went home. I was totally fine. I even stopped at the store on my way home from the hospital and was able to walk around just fine. It's not a big deal at all.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 1:10 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I had mine done about 2 1/2 months after my last son was born. They go in through a small incision (about 1/2 in long) at the bottom of your belly-button. You're totally knocked out, so you don't feel any of that. I was sore (I would compare it to the soreness of doing lost of sit-ups) for just a couple of days, but just when I used my stomach muscles (like bending over or sitting up from laying down). I also had a "crampy" feeling, like slight PMS cramps for a few days. I only took two of the pain pills tht the doctor gave me, one before I went to bed the day it was done, and another the next morning. I really wouldn't comsider any of those things as "pain" though, more like "uncomfortable", and nothing like the pains of labor or childbirth.
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 1:14 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I'd imagine you'd be knocked out in some way or another (epidural or general anesthesia), so I doubt you would feel anything. Now, you may have some postoperative pain, but that's to be expected.
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 2:01 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• it doesnt hurt...afterwards you will need your pain pills, but it isnt near as bad as you think, my periods were heavier, but they are back to normal now, it has been 4 years...then, i got pregnant in my tubes and had to have both removed...now having an ectopic pregnancy is painful...
    takedatath

Answer by takedatath at 7:09 PM on Dec. 22, 2008