Do you believe that we to some point control our destiny.

I have always heard that if you set something free and it comes back then it was meant to be... but I believe that each and every day that we make decisions both good and bad that lay the stones for our destiny. You choose to allow people into your life, you choose to let circumstances bother you or not.... but is it some how pre determined what our choices will be? We may not realize it? Is it really free will? How would you define free will? Circumstances sometimes force us to make a decision to do this or that... but if it is because of the decision then is it free will?

photojournalist

Asked by photojournalist at 12:45 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I believe in free will which means we all make our own destiny and decisions.

Answer by gemgem at 12:49 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I believe everything happens for a reason, but we are given the free will to make choices related to it.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 12:58 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• wow-there is no way I can answer all those questions(awesome btw) in this lil space but...I believe some things are meant to be for us, I'm a romantic, but I believe that most things in life are about our choices. Maybe you were destined to be a doc., you choose the schools, how hard you study, how long it takes you-but in the end you are still a doc. I had to really think this thru when I lost a baby a few yrs ago...i had to believe that there was a reason for my pain. Destiny, fate, etc...but we definantly can help it along with our choices-good or bad.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:59 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I like mamapotter's answer above.
    alysmommy0909

Answer by alysmommy0909 at 1:10 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I believe that everything happens for a reason. Some due to our own choices and some due to Gods perfect will for us. I think that we make choices that come with consequences, but none so bad that God can't turn it into something great for us. Its a harder road than Plan A, but definitely doable.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:29 PM on Dec. 22, 2008