Is there a secret to making puppy chow/muddy buddies?

Hello to everyone--

This is the first question that I have ever posted, and I am hoping that someone can help. I attempted to make Muddy Buddies yesterday and they just did not turn out right. I ended up using double the chocolate/peanut butter mixture to cover all of the cereal. Is there a trick or tip that I missed? My kids and nephews love it, but I found it too tricky to make. Any ideas?
Thank you!

NewMommyin06

Asked by NewMommyin06 at 1:04 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I never had any problems with puppy chow. It does take a bit of time and effort to get each piece covered with the chocolate/peanut butter mix. Is muddy buddies the same as puppy chow?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:08 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I make these almost every year. I just put them in a zip lock bag and shake like crazy, just make sure the bags not to full. I have never had to add extra chocolate or anything, so I'm not sure what happened.
    Anonymous

• Make sure the cocolate and peanut butter are really melted like liquid and use a ziploc I spilt the batch in half and do 2 ziplocs to make sure every inch of them gets covered! Oh nummy how did you know I was making those tomorrow
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 1:35 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I made some just last night. I melt the PB, Choc, and regular butter in the microwave till creamy and smooth. I pour over chex mix and stir until coated well. I then put them into a container with a lid, pour confectionery sugar and then shake. I do this several times till they are all coated. Then I put them in the fridge to let the chocolate harden.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 1:52 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I will have to try it again. It was my first attempt, so maybe I did not pour the chocolate and stir it fast enough. The kids are eating it just the same though! Thanks for all of your tips!
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 4:00 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• lol thats cute never thought to call it puppy chow.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 5:25 PM on Dec. 22, 2008