Anyone nervous about labor the 2nd time around?

I had my ds in 1995, lol yes, 1995 and i am nervous about labor because i am older and the ole body is not that of a 23 yr old. Any other mom's out there that are preg at 36, or have had children at that age that can ease my nerves a little bit? i am not fixated on this, but I am nervous that i will not be strong enough to handle it this time. My last labor was nothing out of the ordinary, but it has been so long that this is like being preg for the first time.. thanks ladies!

Bearsjen

Asked by Bearsjen at 1:15 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had my 1st when I was 26 - he ended up being a C-section. My 2nd came along 2yr later (also c-section). I had a miscarriage at age 34, and then on my 36th birthday my last son was born. He was a c-section. I remember sitting on the hospital bed waiting my turn to go down for surgery when a case of the nerves hit and I was thinking "what the hell am I doing? do they have to take him out? can't he just stay in there?" But soon I was wheeled down and everything went fine. I think my nerves were that I knew what was coming, I had such problems with the other 2 deliveries I was fearing having more complications -and fearing the soreness that would follow delivery.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:10 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• If it's any consolation, my mom got pregnant with my little brother when she was 50. She thought she was going through menopause and went to the doc and found out...ta da...9 months later my little brother Joseph Matthew was born. She lived, and so will you.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 1:17 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• well i am not 36 i am 21 and i have a 2 yr old and me and the hubby are pg again and i am having more pain this go around and went to the dr today and they drew blood and i almost past out.
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 1:18 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• wel im not in my 30's but maybe i can shed some light anyway since its been 7years since my first was born. im 24 and had my first little boy at 17. Im scared of deivery this time i think more then i was the last time. Im sure everything will go great and you will be fine. good luck and congrats on becoming a mommy again.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:20 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I hope there are some moms in your situation that can ease your mind. I am 25 and had my son just less then 2 years ago. I am due again in about 12 weeks and I am looking forward to labor and catching my baby. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 1:22 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Don't worry, you'll do great. My husband's Aunt had her first child at 41 and just gave birth to her second child at 45. She's fine and the baby is healthy. Her 3.5 year old son is sooo smart too. Congrats! When are you due? Boy or girl?

I'm 28 and 17 weeks pregnant with my second child. My daughter is 12.5 months old. I'm glad I don't have to go through the painful labor pains because I'm having a c-section again. Went through an awful 16 hours of hard labor with the first before having a c-section. I'm still nervous I guess, because it's scary getting open abdominal surgery with the risk of infection and all...but, we just have to pray and hope that all goes well again!!!

Take Care.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 1:25 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• yes i am scare i had an emeg. c section, didnt do labor, and i dont wanna do that! no fun, trying to find a doc who will agree to jus tplan a c, but i am healthy and they are giving me a hard time about it.... my sil was like you, had one at 28 and one at 35 last sept, it was still easier for her the second delivery and she only said the bigger struggle is weight loss at 35 vs 28, who care about that anyways! :)
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:26 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I understand what you are going thru. I"m 37, have an 18 yr old & a 13 yr old. I'm nervous too but I'm sure all will be fine. how far along are you? I have found that in my area there are a lot of older moms but nobody I know going thru it now so i kind of feel alone in this. It's a little weird sitting in the OB office with all these young ladies. LOL
    gerti

Answer by gerti at 1:32 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I had my 1st daughter in 1995 when I was 27...I had my 2nd at 38 & a 3rd daughter this year at 40..I was more nervous with the last 2 because I was older & when I went to the Dr with the 2nd one he said I was an "older" mom..they ran all kinds of tests & even told me there was a 1 in 4 chance she would have Downs....she was born healthy & with no problems& short labor.(so fast that I couldn't get my epidural)..with the 3rd one I decided that I wasn't going to have all of the tests because I wasn't going to worry about it..I had her on my 40th b-day & she too was healthy & easy labor ...so don't worry too much..I think I'm more patient this time around & I know I'm more settled...good luck
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 1:37 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I feel your pain, im 38 and 38 weeks pregnant. I had my first in 1992. As long as they keep telling me baby is good, thats all I hope for.
    Kellyandkatie

Answer by Kellyandkatie at 3:38 PM on Dec. 22, 2008