How do I get my 3 yr old to leave the lights alone?

I'm at my wits end. My daughter insists on turning all the lights on every day. My husband and I are constantly turning them off only to have her turn them on minutes later.

I've tried telling her to stop and I know she understands me. She just wants them on. Even if there's plenty of sunlight comming in through the windows.

Any advice?

amethystrse

Asked by amethystrse at 1:27 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my girls used to do this constantly, at home in stores anywhere. Try not to make a issue of her turning them on, let her do it, then after a few minutes ask her to help you turn them off telling her that she is helping mother earth or some other reason. Make a big issue of her helping you turn them off. Might help, might not but good luck
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 1:44 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• If you find a good way...please let me know. My daughter does the same thing. If I want them off- she turns them on. If I need it on- she turns it off. SOmetimes they are just so precious! :)
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 3:49 PM on Dec. 22, 2008