My four month old has been getting very fussy!

She has always been a very content baby...now she seems to get very fussy 1- when she is tired at night and 2- when we take her out in the evenings around a lot of people. Is this normal? My husband and I kinda think she is just going through a stage, but we would like some input! Thanks :)

N8sAFWifey

Asked by N8sAFWifey at 1:37 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Could be teething. Or she could just be going through a stage like your husband says. Or she could be starting her stranger anxiety. It could be so many things. Teething would be my first thought though. Sorry I couldn't be much help.
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 1:47 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• my dd did the same thing and just acted like a totally different baby for a couple days. I was confused but it only lasted 3 days and now she is sooo happy. give it a couple days. it is prob just a stage she is going through. Mine justed wanted her mommy. lol
    augustmommy08

Answer by augustmommy08 at 1:53 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• My guess would be teething. My 5 month old started having little moods @4months, and now sometimes she is just miserable because of teething. She will be fine and dandy on minute, then just be crying and fussing like you wouldn't believe. Its terrible. It is almost like you can't comfort them. But i give her some tylenon and a little baby oragel on her gums, and something cold to chew on and in a little while she is fine. And she may not have another spell until the next day or go a few days. But it always could be a stage to. Try giving him something to chew on.
    Anonymous

• its sounds like a stage my son is 4 month and doing the same thing he is so fussy when he gets tired now b4 he used to just go to sleep but now its like I actually have to make him go to sleep other wise he will just sit there and scream at me
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 2:50 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• http://www.kellymom.com/parenting/sleep/4mo-sleep.html

Check out this article. It may explain what is going on.

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 6:45 PM on Dec. 22, 2008