Question? Sorry kinda long

Ok with my other 2 kids I didnt progress past 3cm so I had to have a c-section after 60+ hours with one and 24+ with the other. So they have scehduled me a c-section for this baby. My friend keeps telling me I dont even need to worry about going to the hospital for the contractions unless my water breaks because of me not progressing. She rally gets onmy nerves cause they hurt. They are pretty consistent. I had them all day saturday and then not many on sunday now today they have been all day again. They started at 10min apart and are not about 7min. but i have only had them for about 3-4 hours. Myback hurts like Hell and every time I move my pelvic bones crack and pop and HURT. What would you do? I dont want to go to the hospital if they are just going to send me home for not getting farther then that. 2 weeks ago I was 1-2 cm. Oh and I am 37weeks today.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• every pregnancy is different i would call your dr or L and D tell them whats going on and let them decided if you should come in and get checked. Im sure your dr would be more then willing to let you come in and check you real quick. You may dialte this time you never know. its always different.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:44 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I would go in. If not to the dr. To the labor and delivery. Number one becuase with this pregnancy you may dialate. And number two , contractions hurt me like hell, and i wanted the epidural asap. The worse they can do is send you home. If you don't want to go thought, try walking around some, and :MY OPINION HERE; BUT EAT SOMETHING REALLY SPICY. When i had my baby i had just ate 3 lbs of crawfish at 7-8 that night and at 2 in the morning by water broke. Also, how fas along are you?
    Anonymous

• Oh crap never mind. I guess i didn't finish the end of the question. SORRY.
    Anonymous

• Ignore your friend, always go by what your doctor says. Maybe you don't need to go in (though there's really nothing wrong with going in unecessarily), but I would call your doc (or a nurse). Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:30 PM on Dec. 22, 2008