i was diagnosed today witha incompetant cervix, im terrified

kelly760

Asked by kelly760 at 1:46 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My friend also has that. Everything has been pretty normal for her, she just has to go in for check ups more frequently.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 1:46 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Are you currently pregnant or did you miscarry? A lot of the times this problem is solved when the doctor places a stitch in the cervix
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 1:47 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• The mom above me is right. A stitch or two in your cervix (I believe it's put in around 15 weeks) is usually enough to hold it closed, and then the doctor will remove the stitch around 37 or 38 weeks (unless your water breaks or your cervix gets too thin and/or soft on its own before then).
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 2:12 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• isn't this meaning that they have to stitch u up so u don't miscarry?? I had a family member had herself stitched up b/c she had problems like holding in the baby and she got un stitched when she was ready to have the baby and the baby came out fine
    Anonymous