How can one re-build a damaged marriage ?

Hello Ladies & any GENT's,

I am a army wife, and my hubby was recently deployed, we are separated, but the love is still there, i flew down to see him off, and it was wonderful. He did admit to me while we were separated he had met someone else, and she had great qualities. I know it hurt to hear, but i love this man so, can anyone give me any ideas to regain our love for oneanother while he is away. Poems, cards, anything creative. and what maybe i should convey to show him how much i am in love with him. Not sure if the other woman is emailing or sendng anything, and don't care, i just need to really give him all of me, and i want to be the one who has that XTRA Twist on all things. Can anyone help??? but i would really like GREAT IDeas, i know everyone in life has had problems and has prevailed, so have FAITh....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Relationships

• You can keep showing him how much you love him but he has to be willing to do his part or your marriage won't survive.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 2:14 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Your problem is mainly in your question:
    How can ONE re-build a damaged marriage ?

One can't do it. There has to be both parties really wanting to make it work for it to truly work out. I think the most romantic thing anyone can do is to sit down and write out what this person means to you. Deep down from inside. What you love about them, what you hate when he's gone, etc. Good Luck!
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 2:19 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• You can't make him love you, you can't make him leave her, he has to do those things himself. If it were me, I would tell him that I love him and want to do whatever it takes to make the marriage work. That being said, we took vowes and I will not tolerate him seeing another woman. If he chooses to continue seeing her, you need to turn and not look back. You can NOT work on a marriage when there are 3 people involved, it bears repeating, you can NOT work on a marriage if he is seeing another woman. And who knows, turning your back on him may be what he needs to see the light. And if not, he's not worth the effort anyway.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Take yourself to a theater and see the movie "Fireproof". Then go to the website:
    www.fireproofmymarriage.com This is all about a couple that are set to split and how the husband follows this program called the Love Dare....there are materials available that can help you find the words to help you rebuild your side of the marriage...and perhaps change his mind. We can never change anyone else...we can only change ourselves and become people that can be loved the way we deserve to be loved. Good luck!
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 3:05 PM on Dec. 22, 2008