Passport?

I am possibly going on vacation soon. I am getting mixed information from travel agents and the internet.

Has anyone been on a cruise in the last year?

1. Did it leave a US Port?

2. Did you need a passport?

I would appreciate anyones help!

Thanks ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Travel

• I was supposed to be going in April!!!! But I got prego and had to cancel!!! LOL!! Pretty fair trade I guess!!! HAHA!!! We were going to be leaving from Ft Lauderdale and we DID need passports to go.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 2:24 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Always a good idea to get a passport when going out of the US. You used to be able to go to Mexico without a passport but now I believe you HAVE TO, in order to get back through US customs. You can print passport forms out online and if you have your travel dates you can expedite the process to get them a little sooner.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 5:02 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Most of the time a passport is needed and it's always a very good idea to have one anyway.
    Jill42721

Answer by Jill42721 at 7:30 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Yes, you need a passport to cruise now.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:25 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I went to Jamaica before we needed a passport for travel, but now in 2008 -- leaving the US in anyway you need a passport. http://cruises.about.com/cs/officialinfo/ht/passport.htm

Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 3:06 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• If you are leaving US waters, you need a passport to go on a cruise.
    That includes Mexico and Canada.

AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 4:02 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Yep and get it early! We have been struggling for over a month b/c there was aminor mistake on my dh's birth certificate and I had gotten married since my last one. So little things that we were waiting on to get the process going. We're leaving in May for our cruise!!!
    liltymesmom

Answer by liltymesmom at 3:11 PM on Dec. 29, 2008