I just found out that I am pregnant and I dont have insurance!

Well my insurance just canceled now that I got laid off. And I just found out I am pregnant. So I really dont know what to do. Im really excited that Im pregnant but this is the worse possible time I could of gotten pregnant since I just got laid off 3 days ago. I need to get to the doctors soon since I have had a previous miscarriage. But I dont want to pay 300 dollars for just confirming it. Do you know the income requirements to get on state insurance? I live in kansas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I would call your local Social Services. Best wishes.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 2:35 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• call the family job and service in your county.. in erie county ohio it was was about 1200 a month for a single and 1600 for a married person... GL
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:35 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I have pregnancy Medicaid. I don't know how much is the income limit. But if you have been laid off you probably qualify.
    Jamie8788

Answer by Jamie8788 at 2:37 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Same thing happened to me..I live in Texas and at the time, my husband made too much for the kids to qualify but since I was pregnant, I automatically qualified...I don't if it's like that there...the baby was covered for a year after delivery too...sometimes they will "back date" it so if you have a unpaid bill for going to the doctor they'll pay it..
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 2:39 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• www.mybenefitsplus.com/clanders we offer discounts on healthcare benefits. IF you sign up by Dec. 31st, your first month is only $20 and there's a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:45 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• since you got laid off and are pregnant im sure you will quilfiy. Here in washington my husband works and we are pregnant but cant get insurence through his work cuz he hasnt been there long enough and we quilfified for state insurence while pregnant. just call your local DHS office and they can help you sighn up.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:48 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Ummm... isn't Ameriplan a discount plan, not insurance?
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 2:57 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I went to the health department. they got me medicaid and I didnt have to stay with them, I could pick any medicaid doc, but they sure helped get me started.
    Kellyandkatie

Answer by Kellyandkatie at 3:29 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• your perfect.im positve they would give it to you,ya better hurry!
    trinamarques

Answer by trinamarques at 3:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• In Texas just being pregnant qualifies you for state insurance. Go to, or call the local office to get application. I will tell you, here it is MUCH faster to go down and fill it out and turn it in! Good Luck and congrats!!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 4:46 PM on Dec. 22, 2008