Is working for a school district good?

I have a teacher's aide diploma but now I am not sure if that is what I want to do.
Can anyone tell me the ups and downs of this? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I don't know where you live, but I know here as an employee of the county you get county benes. I hear it's the best, plus you get out for holidays, when schools are closed or delayed, on summer break and you get paid over all that time if you wish. You get to work with children and I know as a privous teacher it was worth working with children to see the impact that you would make in even one childs life!
    determind

Answer by determind at 2:43 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• GO FOR IT! Don't procrastinate. Make the most out of your certificate.
    tropikanagirl

Answer by tropikanagirl at 2:58 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I would think the only downfall would be that the pay wouldn't be so great. Other than that, I'd say it'd be a pretty good gig.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:41 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I've been a teacher for a while, not currently, but again soon. The benefits of working for a school district are:
    1. You can't beat that schedule! You get every weekend and holidays off. Teachers still have to work at home, but the aides don't.
    2. Good benefits.
    3. You're only at school when your kids are.

I recommend it. Go for it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:45 PM on Dec. 22, 2008