drinking soda...

is it ok to drink soda during pregnancy??
is it more risky at the beggening?

new.mommie.8.19

Asked by new.mommie.8.19 at 2:42 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• its just soda. too much sugar is always unhealthy. no matter if you are pregnant or not.. as long as u dont drink 5gallons a day of it. lol
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:45 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• soda is fine just limit your intake. its got caffine in it which is not good in high doses while pregnant but you are ok if you drink it.
    plenty of women drink soda and coffee through there pregnancy.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:45 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• what about if its caffiein free?
    new.mommie.8.19

Answer by new.mommie.8.19 at 2:47 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• if you're talking about caffeine, with my 1st, I avoided coffee, sodas, everything..by the 3rd I drank coffee & Dr Pepper....not too much.....you do have to watch sugar though to avoid gestational diabetes...
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 2:48 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Hi. It is important that you watch your caffeine and sugar intake. My doctor always said one coffee per day. So, I would assume that soda falls in that category as well. You may want to call the doctor and ask. Those nurses are used to being asked a multitude of questions and you are just as important as the next patient.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 2:50 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I tested high on the Glucose test when I was 24 weeks. For the last 4 weeks, I've almost completely avoided soda ( I have a few sips here and there). My midwife said to stay away from it and juice...too much sugar. I test again in 3 weeks. Hopefully I won't have to do the GTT for GD.
    I'd say to only drink a little bit, or none at all.
    Austinsmom06

Answer by Austinsmom06 at 2:51 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I tried to cut soda and all caffine out of my diet with my first pregnancy but I got really bad headaches. My doctor told me that its fine to drink as long as its in moderation. The caffine free soda still has high numbers of sugars and stuff in them. I would say as long as you dont drink ALOT! my dr said no more then two or three drinks with caffine a day...but thats just my dr.
    Manda_62007

Answer by Manda_62007 at 2:57 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• The caffeine-free pops sometimes have other additives that aren't good. If you can give them up for the sake of your baby, definitely do it! I gave up everything with caffeine before I even found out I was pregnant, just to be safe. I indulged with a few Pepsis over the ten months I was pregnant, but that was it! I could have had more, but I figured, "Hey, I don't NEED it, so what's the point?" Now that my son is four months, I have one cup of coffee a day (otherwise I would NOT be able to commute to work safely!) when I work, but otherwise I haven't added any of that stuff back into my diet. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:09 PM on Dec. 22, 2008