Anyone have a good stuffed mushroom recipe?

I love stuffed mushrooms, prefer not to have cream cheese in the recipe, I like just bread crumb stuffed, or sausage and bread crumbs, something like that, anyone?

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 2:43 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I had a great recipe, but haven't made it in years. To put it basically... Use large mushrooms. Carefully pull out all the stems. Set the caps aside. Finely chop the stems, mix with either ground sausage OR crab meat. Saute the mixture in a little butter. Stuff into the caps. Top with parmesan cheese. Bake in the oven til the cheese is browned on top. Whoa, as I was typing i just noticed that I think Jodi205 and I have almost the same recipe. Yummy!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 4:38 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I dont personally but I was just on Allrecipes.com looking up stuffing recipes and it pulled up TONS of stuffed mushroom recipes! So you should definitely check them out.
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 2:45 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• okay i just do this i don't know if there is a recipe for it but it is easy i buy the cans of crab meat i fry sausage mix in the crab meat,shredded mozzerella cheese and parm cheese. i melt better and dump all over the mushrooms and put them in the oven at like three hundred til heated through
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:46 PM on Dec. 22, 2008