half a sardine was eggs I think...?

I was trying to google eggs or "roe" in canned sardines and I couldn't find anything. I had a strange craving for sardines yesterday (pregnant), when I bit into part of one it fell apart into tiny little balls in my mouth. I don't think I can ever eat sardines again. I looked at the rest of it and like half the sardine was composed of "eggs." Do you think that's what it was? So gross!!! I don't know who else to ask.

Isaidit

Asked by Isaidit at 2:44 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Hmm....I'm not sure but just the thought is nauseating!

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 2:45 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I have morning sickness and I knew someway somehow eating that can of sardines was going to be a bad idea.
    Isaidit

Answer by Isaidit at 2:47 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I tried googling the question and still have not come up with anything. I just don't know if they send out sardines with eggs in them......eeww...just gave me the shivers!
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 2:48 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Oh man, it does sound like it was eggs. Sorry that happened to you! I would have seriously been grossed out too! Funny that I really like the roe on my sushi, but with the sardines I would not have been expecting that.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 4:59 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Ewwww the thought made me sick can we say nastyyyyy.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 5:26 PM on Dec. 22, 2008