How can I gauge how far along I am?

I just found out yesterday that I am pregnant, but I am unsure how far along I am. It could be anywhere from 3 1/2 weeks to 1 1/2 weeks. I really need to know before I tell my mom.

Jen0989

Asked by Jen0989 at 1:20 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You're probably 3 1/2 weeks since you just found out. A pregnancy test will not come out possitive unless you're more than 3 weeks.
    Little_Maria

Answer by Little_Maria at 2:04 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• wait until you talk to your doctor and they do the blood test to determine.
    goofy_Kristy

Answer by goofy_Kristy at 2:45 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Definitly best to wait till your Doctor gives you an answer. I am waiting to tell my family for the same reason. Good luck and congratulations!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 3:34 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• The American pregnancy calculator starts counting from the 1st day of your last period. This doesn't seem to make much sense, since you technically haven't even conceived at this point (ovulation is two weeks after this date). Since there's no possible way to know what precise day you conceived, this is how we calculate a due date (and why pregnancies are actually 40 weeks long or 10mos.) So start counting from the first day of your last period and you'll have your answer.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 4:45 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Go to an OB. Even if you count the days from your last period you could still be wrong because there is no way to know when you ovulate. I thought I was seven weeks and found out I was really only five when I went to the doc. They can tell you immediately when they do an ultrasound. Good Luck!
    HaydensMommy708

Answer by HaydensMommy708 at 9:09 PM on Jul. 14, 2008