37wks....

I have an appt today with the doc. I AM MISERABLE!!! I've been contracting all weekend. Fri & Sat were 20 mins apart... yesterday they were just sporadiac. I started at 127lbs and now weigh about 160lb and I am NOTHING but belly!!! Last visit (35wks) He estimated that she was about 5-6lbs. Would it be wrong of me to try to get him to induce me????
Thanks
Shawna

Babyclark08

Asked by Babyclark08 at 2:49 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• YES. IMO, wait it out. Your baby will come when they are ready. Ultrasounds can be off and there are tons of what ifs. My daughter was a preemie and although 37 weeks is technically not premature, what if your due date is off. Some babies just take longer to cook. You will meet your baby soon enough, please, don't be selfish.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 2:51 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Doctors usually won't induce labor before 38 and 1/2 weeks. You may be miserable, but it is for your own sake. I wish you the best.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 2:52 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I also wanted to add that you have a higher risk for c-section and other complications with an induciton.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 2:52 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Thank you ladies...i can suffer til she's ready
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 2:59 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Good for you Babyclark, I am so proud you are thinking of your baby.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 3:00 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Good for your Mama. I know it sucks, but it's ALMOST over. Before you know it, time is going to speed up like crazy and you'll be longing for these days!

MAN do I miss my belly! :(
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:05 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I am proud of you too Babyclark! It is tough but so worth it for a healthy baby!
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 3:45 PM on Dec. 22, 2008