I want to know how long it usually takes to get pregnant after stopping birth control

I got off of my birth control (after 5 years)at the beginning of October-had my cycle for 3 days and have not had it since. I have taken 2 tests and they were negative.

brookelynn2609

Asked by brookelynn2609 at 2:52 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• my aunt needed 3 years to get pregnant after taking bc pill for almost 18years.

for me it was only a couple months.

every woman is different
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:56 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• It depends on long it takes your body to get back to normal. I had Merina removed in October 08, my cycle was back to normal the next month. Good luck and baby dust!
    vroberts3677

Answer by vroberts3677 at 4:33 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• It only took me a month both times I tried, but it took my SIL over three years. Like the PP said...every woman is different.
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 4:34 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I was on nuvaring for a year, i stopped taking it in april of 08..im still ttc. I guess everyone is different.
    AustynsMomma07

Answer by AustynsMomma07 at 5:15 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I got got off bc, had 1 period then got pregnant the next cycle.
    lisab7982

Answer by lisab7982 at 5:27 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I quit taking BC in June of 08 and I am still trying to get pregnant. I have only had two periods since June.
    Anonymous

• It took us 2 years after I got off birth control, My friend took a weekend to get pregnant right after stopping birth control (but miscarried). Then after 3 months after stopping, she was pregnant again. Everyone is different. Some can get pregnant like its going out of style and some cant get pregnant no matter how hard they try. Good Luck hun and I hope it happens soon for you and you dont have to wait 2 years like my husband and me.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:36 PM on Dec. 22, 2008