I want to know one thing- Does it really matter?

I have read so many bashing posts about how someone doesn't like the fact that someone else is formula feeding and not breastfeeding. Or they choose to vaccinate and are bashed for their decision. My question is does it really matter? How is formula feeding my son 4 years ago affect you? How does having my son get his vaccinations interfer with your life? Yes, I had my son circumsized. So what? I do my research and I do what I feel is best for my son. Everyone can read the same articles and everyone can come out with having a different interuptation for that one article. So, please tell me in the grand scheme of things, does it really matter?

So before you bash another mom for doing things differently than you do, please stop and think. Does it really matter? Have a Merry Christmas everyone.

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 3:05 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in General Parenting

• I am like this. Every body has their own ideas of what they want for their kids. What they will or will not do. Just like religion and politics.  I just wish more people would just let people do what they want and don't crazy when they don't do it their way.

Answer by louise2 at 3:11 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• i totally agree with you....well said thanks!
    karliesmom0506

Answer by karliesmom0506 at 3:08 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Totally agree......

I read one comment where a woman said she couldn't even be friends with a mother who had formula fed their child.

Obviously, no great loss there to anyone, but how mean-spirited is that?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:10 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• i was thinking this also.. does it REALLY affect others?? NO. Its our right as a mom to do what we believe is best for our children and families.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 3:13 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• The thing that frustrates me is that there are so many children in the world who really aren't cared for properly. The energy people put into criticising moms who make different choices could go into helping kids whose moms can't or don't take care of them.

I think people who have the nerve to bash over those things need a reality check. I know a couple of homes they could visit. They'd be praying for those kids to go a nice circumsizing, formula feeding, vaccinating family where they were fed, clothed, and loved.
    MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 3:15 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I'll answer your question with another question :) Why do some women think that just because others came to different decisions/conclusions, that means they: don't care, didn't research, or are brainwashed? We are all different. Our reasons are valid. And if they are working for our children: That is what matters. I would NEVER question another mom if her methods are workign for her! What is it of my business? And the fact that it works for her and maybe not me is no threat on my own methods because guess what? Our children are PEOPLE too... with personalities and ablities as different as we are mothers :)

Also I agree with the pp... there are too many children in this world that don't get what they really need. My son's penis is no one else's business but an abused or neglected child is.
    CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 3:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• i think its really stupid for people to be bashing a mom who is doing what is best for her child. just cause its not what you choose, doesnt mean its not right. every decision is calculated and thought out, its not like i said 'oh im not vaccinating my son cause i want him to get sick'. i researched, and i know why i am doing this. its not a blind decision and i wish people would jsut leave it be.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:42 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I completely agree, all my kids were formula fed, I started them on cereal very early and I spank. If you don't like the way I do things then do it differently but it doesn't make me wrong. One poor mom asked a question the other day about spanking and got bashed on so hard (she was threatned with CPS) that she had to delete her question. Pretty damn sad.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 3:47 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I agree. To each their own and if it works, stick with it. I bottle fed all three of mine and they turned out perfectly healthy. As far as the bashing goes, some people on here must have really low self esteem levels and have nothing better to do with their time than to start drama because it makes them feel better to put someone else down and keeps them from looking at what's wrong with their life that causes (d) their low self esteem. JMO.

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 3:47 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I agree. Everyone has to make the best decisions they can for their children. The key words are "THEY" and "THEIR". Sure, get opinions and info from other people. But you know what? Every decision you make has risks, benefits, and possible problems.

When you are born, you are given exactly ONE promise - someday you will die. There are no promises about happily ever after, no promises about great jobs and big screen TVs, no promises about a life free of health problems or money woes. Every decision you make for your children could create problems. So don't knock someone else's decisions just because they differ from yours. Especially when you don't know the whole story, just the snippet you read online.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:56 PM on Dec. 22, 2008