You should ask the doc? ERRRRR

Okay, I think we all know to ask the doctor before doing something. I'm guessing if you know how to use the computer you probably know how to call on a phone and ask the doctor. I think women on here want some advice and encouragement before asking the doc. That way when they do ask the doc they have every question covered. Why even answer the question if its, go ask the doc? What a waste of time for you and the lady who needs the help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Everyone on here will have a different opinion or suggestion. Some women here unknowingly give very bad and unsafe advice to other moms. So, I always feel it is best if you call your MD when you have a medical issue.

Anonymous

• Because if she is asking us on cafemom. She must not know she should ask or go to the doctor about it.

Answer by louise2 at 3:15 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• sometimes it best for us to say call your dr. we dont know everything and every pregnancy is different so what might be ok for one women might not be ok for another. Its always best to call your OB if its a medical issue.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:16 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Some of us don't have insurance or maybe have nothing better to do or just to see what us ladies have to say about the question. Why does it seem to bother you???

Anonymous

• In most cases I agree with you, but for some questions it's just SO OBVIOUS that they need to call the doctor or get to the nearest hospital ASAP! For instance: "I'm 40+ weeks, I just passed my mucus plug, my water broke, I'm having contractions every 3 minutes, and the baby's head is out; do you think I'm in labor?" This is of course an exageration, but I've seen some that were almost this obvious.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:19 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• i think people know the difference between cafe mom and the doctor sweet heart. I can see someone giving advice then saying go ask the doc but just to put go ask the doc.... come on
    Anonymous

• Just wanted to ask
    Anonymous

• I disagree. I DON'T think some women know the difference between cafemom and the doctor, "sweet heart". They come on here and ask the dumbest questions ever. I had sex yesterday, could I be pregnant? Well how the hell do we know? My baby has a huge gash and it's bleeding excessively and I can see bone, what should I do? TAKE HIM TO THE FRIGGIN EMERGENCY ROOM!! I have seen questions VERY similar to these and women on here giving asinine advice. If something is wrong, this is absolutely NOT the first place you should go for answers.
    Anonymous

• cont........
    There are "women" (and I use that term lightly) on here who think this is the best place for all answers. Sometimes, it just isn't. And in the case of a medical emergency, it is NOT! I don't care if you don't have insurance, if there is something wrong, call the doctor. It does NOT cost money to call and ask. And if you have to take your child or yourself to the doctor, they generally take payments or will work with you on payment!
    Anonymous

• Once there was a woman on here that asked if anyone knew why, for the last few weeks, her daughter (4 years old) vomited after everything she ate. She stated that her daughter was losing weight (duh) and that she was lethargic. My advice to her? I did not tell her to call a doctor, nope, I told her to GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM.

I don't care if I was homeless-- I would give a stranger a b j if it meant paying for my very sick child to go to the doctor. Did that answer your question?

jspy72

Answer by jspy72 at 3:12 PM on Dec. 23, 2008