have you...during labor

did anyone go to the bathroom while in labor? like when pushing

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• LOL. Not going to lie, I did! It was the day after Thanksgiving in 01. I was so embarrassed but the nurses were so nice and said it happens a lot and that we shouldn't ever feel that way. After all we are pushing with all our might to get our precious baby out.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 3:16 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• yes I did but you don't even notice it, I had to ask my hubby if i did or not hah
    Anonymous

• i dont think so
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 3:11 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I'm not even sure. I was worried about that too. I asked my SO but he said he didn't think I did. They pick it up so fast though that you wont even notice if you do.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 3:12 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I don't want my man to see that...LOL! I got to figure out a way to prevent this from happening. hehehe..... This is my second child you think I would know this.No one told me...I'm 30 weeks and praying
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 3:12 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• i never made it to the pushing part but while in labor i acidentally wet the bed i didnt relize i had to go and i was having a contraction and i must have been baring down a tad bit and well anyway i wet myself lol. it happens nothing to be ashamed about.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:13 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Yup! I didn't know it, but hubby did! He said they just wisked it away and put a fresh blanket pad underneath. He said it wasn't even that gross though, sweet guy! :) I'm definitely not surprised it happened, though!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:14 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• supposedly 1/4 of women go to the bathroom during labor. the nurses will clean it up for you and you most likely won't notice it. my lamaze teacher said to tell your partner before you go into labor to NOT say anything about you going potty during labor.
    tegansnowflake

Answer by tegansnowflake at 4:13 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• No, but I went to the bathroom every hour at least the entire time I was in labor.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 4:19 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I did. Twice. I got VERY embarassed and a nurse had to make me start pushing again. I now see how silly I was being but yeah...It aint fun. Just remember that your pushing with EVERYTHING youve got. So yeah, if you have anything up there, its comin out.
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 6:04 PM on Dec. 22, 2008