Has anyone ever purchased a magic jack?

yes, i mean the late-night infomercial thing that says you can make all your calls thru your computer for a yearly rate. anyone used it? any reviews?

autumnnoel

Asked by autumnnoel at 3:13 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Money & Work

• I know 2 people that have it and yes, it is worth the money and will save you tons!
    Evelyn www.evelyn1.fourpointmoms.com
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 3:29 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I never used it. Just saw the late night comemrcials for it.
    tropikanagirl

Answer by tropikanagirl at 3:33 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I did... I had to send it back because we couldn't get our own number on it. We would have had to get a new one. And my business is listed under the one we have now... :( Other issues are 911 doesn't work on it and if your computer goes down or the power goes out you have no phone. Otherwise it's great! And Saves BIG $$$... If you have a cell and don't mind changing your number go for it!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:59 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• You could try SKYPE if you are looking to use your internet connection for phone calls. www.skype.com prices range from .021 cents per minute to call cellphones to $60 a year to receive calls. . .
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 11:06 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• You can try it for 30 days rick free! They don't charge you anything until day 30 and if you return it they don't charge you anything. Not even shipping. Give it a try.

www.magicjack.com

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:02 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My dh and I saw a report about it on our local news. We have a consumer reports guy who is awesome and hes a millionare because hes so dang cheap. He gave it good reviews and says he has two of them. I am thinking about it.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:36 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• well, i got it, and was not thrilled with the results, so i sent it back. sometimes it simply wouldnt connect (i dialed, then rather than ringing, it went back to a dial tone). most of the time, the people i spoke to complained of an echo, or static. and occasionally, i got blanks in my end of the connection. it may be a case-by-case basis, so if you have a super great internet connection and really fast computer, it cant hurt to try. it just didnt work for me.
    autumnnoel

Answer by autumnnoel at 2:53 PM on Jan. 8, 2009