Question about Santa

For those of you who practice Christmas, why do some mother's on here freak out about santa? You know, they say he isn't real and I'm not going to lie to my child...blah blah...Do you feel the same about the tooth fairy or Easter bunny? And it isn't a lie that is bad...why can't they believe in Santa? I just don't understand why some people think that believing in Santa is soooo horrible??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I believe in santa... so i dont know what your talking about lol.. I totally agree.. i think its fun for a child to wake up and there are gifts all over and they believe its magical... My husband and i put some gifts out and then have 1 large gift from santa.. we want our kids to know that we get them stuff and so does santa..its so fun and cute
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 3:24 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• santa rock
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:25 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• See, that's what I think....and when I was little I used to love the anticipation and waiting up to see Santa, but my siblings and I always fell asleep!
    Anonymous

• Believing in Santa is a personal decision.

Look, when I was a kid, mom told me Santa was real. When I found out he was not, I was horrified. So, I chose not to lie to my child, even if it seems harmless. We joke around tho and say"Santa can see you when your sleeping". He gets a good laugh out of that. Instead of people getting defensive about Santa, Why not about Jesus? He is the real reason for the season. I think many people are forgetting what christmas is about.
    tropikanagirl

Answer by tropikanagirl at 3:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• My children have never believed in Santa, the Easter Bunny, or the Tooth Fairy. It has worked out great for us. But I don't go around yelilng at people about it. Nor do my children tell other kids there's no Santa. My kids really don't understand why their friend's parents lie to them and tell them there is a Santa and i just tell them that's their choice. My kids know that those things are fun and pretend just like the little mermaid or elmo. My mother went to great lenghts to lie to me and I'm happy that I don't have to worry about that with my children.
    summerleigh

Answer by summerleigh at 3:53 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• My daughter believed in Santa up until a few years ago (she is now 13). The day she came home and asked about it I explained to her that the person may not be real but the spirit "Santa" embodies is. Why some mothers get so itchy about, I'll never understand.
    CrissiCat

Answer by CrissiCat at 5:05 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• who actually gets horrified when they find out there is no santa.we're not forgetting what christmas is we are just having fun with it
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 6:43 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• My child isn't old enough to understand Santa yet but thats something me and my b/f disagree on. I think its a lie... all of it. When my cousin found out she wasn't upset they weren't real... she was mad she had been lied to by her parents.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 6:54 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I used to believe in Santa and the rest. I even thought the 'Santa claus' movie was the best. But now that my kids are older, I hate telling them about Santa. I don't know why...I didn't hate my parents for lying to me, but I just don't get a kick out of telling my kids a lie that they get so caught up in. I feel like a I did a bad thing when they get all excited about something that isn't real. My kids, currantly, think Santa is real, but I only let Santa bring what is in their stocking. Everything else is from me and Dad. And by the time my youngest ones turn five, I'm hoping the Santa thing will slowly fade from our house.
    McGregor

Answer by McGregor at 11:57 AM on Dec. 23, 2008