What's the heaviest you should lift being pregnant?

My husband and I are planning on moving before the baby is born and I am 10 weeks along? What exactly are my limitations---and if you know the difference betrween high-risk preg. lifting and normal tell me that too!
Thanks!

mikko2285

Asked by mikko2285 at 3:22 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• if your high risk i wouldnt be lifting anything over 10 or 15lbs but thats just me.
    as far as lifting im not sure what the heaviest is
    I worked as a CNA up till about 4weeks ago so i was lifting patients of over 100lbs daily i dont think i would recommend that i had to quit it began to hurt my back. im now 25wks.
    Id say nothing over 40 or 50lbs. I think i read that in a pregnancy book hopefully someone else can give better advice.
    Anonymous

• my dr told me no more than 15 lbs and i was a low risk.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 3:30 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• It varies a lot...I'm tiny, so they told me 15 pounds from the start. I occasionally lifted more than this (hell, my cats weigh more than that!), but it all depends on the awkwardness of the thing you're lifting, the kind of shape you were in beforehand, and things like that. I'd ask your doctor or a nurse to help determine what's best for you. You can still help with moving, but you have the BEST excuse to get out of the lifting part! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:33 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Oh, and I was low risk, too!
    KatieCrandall

• btw i would call your dr and ask for sure.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 3:34 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• i was a high risk. wasnt allowed to lift anything at all.. of course i was allowed to pick up some stuff i dropped. but my OB told me to not lift up a laundry basket ect. .. not more than 5-6lbs.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:37 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Wow! Thanks for all the help and advice! My husband is really going to be stuck with all the work it sounds like!
    mikko2285

Answer by mikko2285 at 3:49 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I'm high risk and it's okay for me to lift 25 but no more
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 3:57 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• People carry kids around when they're pregnant. People work out in fields, etc. I never watched how much I lifted.
    Anonymous