Kids at christmas!

Does anyone have any good ideas that a 2 year old can make family members for christmas like a craft or something. He can glue and paint and stuff also. Thanks alot!!

kaylie_08

Asked by kaylie_08 at 3:22 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I just made Salt Dough Ornaments. They were easy (with your help of course) But he can decorate after they cool down. The recipe I found was 2 cups FLour, 1 cup salt, 1 cup water. YOu mix it together until smooth. One place said to knead it- but I have a kitchenaid mixer and I just beat it for a long time in the mixer. Roll it out (not too thin), use cookie cutters to cut out shapes. Bake for 1 1/2 hours at 325. Oh- and poke a hole in the tops to put string to hang them with. Then you can paint them, glue stuff on them, whatever you want. They are supposed to last a while- or you can spray them with a clear paint coat or cover in modpodge for a shiny finish. They're pretty cute.....and it didn't take me too long to make them!
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 3:36 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• My 2 yr old grandson and my 3.5 yr old dd (yes weird I know lol) made some snowflake ornaments. I got the kits at walmart. They come with everything you need and arent too messy. I think I paid like $5 for the whole kit and it made 20 ornaments. They come with glue glitter sticks but if I were you and you choose this route pick up some extras. We ran out before we made them all.

Answer by gemgem at 3:33 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• My little one made an ornament for the tree. It's just a circle of thick poster board with some hard candies glued on it. But BOY! Is she proud of it and so excited to see it on the tree. Yep, it's fairly ugly as ornaments go but that's to be expected (and cherished).
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:36 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I let my DD paint ceramic ornaments. She had a blast.
    angeladh82

Answer by angeladh82 at 3:46 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I love hand print things at that age, how about getting messy with some paint and putting his hand print on colored construction paper, cut out a circle around his hand, put a loop at the top for a bow and its a cute ornament for the tree? You could decorate with glitter around his hand, put his name and year on the back....
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:06 PM on Dec. 22, 2008