Do you have a male or female OBGYN?

I had a male for the longest until I had my 2nd child then my DH made me change him for a female doctor:( I liked him he was very knowledgable), But my DH felt that the doctor already did his part as far as helping out through the pregnancy and delivery that I needed to have a female doctor for now on.My DH says a female doctor can know exactly what a woman is going through and he can only go by books. (Personally I think he is just jealous not to mention the doctor is young and goodlooking). But anyway I did this just to avoid an arguement. All is good.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I have a cute male GYN and he is the best! delivered both my kids and is very polite. I don't like women OB Gyn's. They always seem cold and aloof. As if your problem is nothing. Since they are a woman and they have experienced it , its like,"Your not telling me nothing I already know." As for your Hubby being jelous, you could always tell him that when he becomes a woman, he can have the choice of picking out your doctor!!! That is a personal chocice. Not a chocice that you both make. And if it makes him uncomfortable, he's gonna have to deal with it.
    tropikanagirl

Answer by tropikanagirl at 3:37 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I have a male and i think he is the best..
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 3:25 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I am planning a UC this time, but had a male OB with my first and loved him.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 3:25 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• well i had a female midwife with my first son but have sinced moved to a new state so this time around i have a male obgyn.
    Hes great.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:27 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I have a male...and it does not help that he is so very good looking. We call him Dr. Delicious. A gynie should not be good looking lol
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:27 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I HAVE A MALE DOC & HE IS THE ABSOLUTE BEST
    elaina1983

Answer by elaina1983 at 3:28 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I had a male doctor for all but one of my pregnancies. Then I had a female and she was great but she sold her practice to a male dr so now im back to a male.

Answer by gemgem at 3:28 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I wouldnt change my OB just because my husband is jealous. This guy is a doctor, he is just doing his job and doesnt care about anything except from helping you and doing his job. He sees so many breasts and vaginas every day that he probably doesnt give a damn. My first OBGYN was a male. But i switched to a different OB. Because the one i had didnt speak my language that well and i had kind of problems to communicate with him. He was russian if i remember correctly. Well and he wasnt that great of an OB. I didnt feel comfortable with him. My next and still OBGYN is a woman. But i dont have a problem with male OBs at all. the OB that i had in the hospital after my miscarriage was a male too. Very great doctor.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:30 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I have a male. Women are good but they tend to be like "let's gets this over with". To me they figure its nothing becuz they see it everyday. Men however are very considerate of you and gentle. Much love for avoiding the arguement.
    Anonymous

• I have a female doctor because I'm more comfortable with a female. But I was examined by a male doctor one time and had no problem with it. I was even on my period at the time. But he was totally professional and I wasn't uncomfortable at all, like I was sure I would be.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2008