hi im currently 18 weeks pregnant and i keep feeling heartbeats on my lower left side of my stomach, but i dont know if that is baby kicking or its just my heartbeats

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 3:30 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• That is likely your own heartbeat

Answer by gemgem at 3:31 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• it could be hiccups
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 3:31 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• My first thought was hiccups! I miss those :) Babies get them all the time while they're in the womb.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:32 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• well it only happens when im sitting down on my couch and leaning over that side and its pretty strange since the baby liked that side since i got pregnant
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 3:32 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Probably your own heartbeat! Mine was super easy to feel and find, it kept getting in the way (?!) when we were trying to find the baby's!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:34 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• my first thought was hiccups also. I love those little feelings im 22wks its kind of a funny feeling.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:34 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• it might be my heartbeats but i didnt know that babies could get hiccups at 18 weeks
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 3:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• yes, I think there hiccups. I always got so scared. The first time I felt that I was d16 weeks pregnant and I got freaked out because it wasn't fast like I hear them on the doppler but it was moderate kinda like my own heartbeat and then I called my doctor and sure enough they were hiccups. She would stop hiccuping after I ate something.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:45 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• LOL thats cute and funny
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 3:46 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• There is an artery in that area which is why its probably your heartbeat.
    Anonymous