how do i break my 15 month old from his paci?

i want to get rid of a paci

ablackmon0904

Asked by ablackmon0904 at 3:36 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• dont give it to him when he wakes up in the morning through them all away. the crying and fussyness will only last a day maybe two.
    if you wana go more of the nice route lol i suggest cutting the tip off then its usless and he may just give it up on his own.
    other wise u just have to take it away.
    Anonymous

• THROW THEM AWAY!! It will be 3 days at the most of pain for you. But they forget fast...GOOD LUCK
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 3:39 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• as the women said before. just throw them away. make sure your baby doesnt see a pacifier at all for at least 5 days. when u go to the store or friends.. make sure there is no pacifier ;)

its going to be a rough time for you. but 3-5 days and he/she wont ask for it anymore :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:41 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I'm with them....just take it away. My oldest was 13 months when I took his away...three days later he was quiet about it.

My second was 10 months. It did take a couple of extra days for him...but that was it.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:47 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• throw it away she or he may cry for a day but they will get over it. But throw every single one away to relieve the temptation to give it to him.
    Anonymous

• When my hubby and I decided it was time for our daughter to stop using her binkle(pacifier) We explained to her that she was getting bigger and soon the binkle fairy was going to come and bring all her binkles to the tiny little babies that need them. Then she decorated a shoe box to put all her binkles in and set it by her bed . In the morning her binkles where gone and in place the binkle fairy left her a special big girl prize. Surprisingly i was expecting the whole experience to be terrible and traumatic...but it wasnt ...it was easy as pie!

Now my daughter was just over 2 yrs old so she could kind of comprehend the whole process and she still talks about it to this day. If you are trying to wean a younger child off the binky it may be easiest to just take em all away and go cold turkey. Every child is different and you never now how they react until its over. Good luck!
    SuperMommy0212

Answer by SuperMommy0212 at 5:48 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• My DD is 13 months old and we have started to slowly take away her paci, we leave it i her crib when she wakes up from bed so throughout the day she doesnt have it. I think at 14 months it will be gone. Hopefully. I wanted her to be done before a year but she got 4 teeth all at one time at 12 months and it was not good!! Teething rings were no use for her so we kept the paci. Good Luck
    NewMommYat16

Answer by NewMommYat16 at 6:06 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• my middle child was a paci baby he hit 15 months and it just wasnt ok with me anymore so i cut the tips off of them and when he asked me for it i gave it to him and he put it in his mouth and took it out and threw it across the room he didnt like it cause he couldnt get any suction so i said ok if you are gonna throw them then they need to go in the garbage and he threw them away himself until there wasnt any left which was hard because i had a new born at the time but it worked and it was the end of it and i think it took a little of the crankiness away because he knew where they were it wasnt like they just disappeared!
    keeler_s

Answer by keeler_s at 1:41 AM on Dec. 23, 2008