• In the Spotlight:

going back to work

my baby girl is 6 1/2 months old,and im finaly going back to work,she is a breastfeed baby,i need advice for my huspand on what o feed her(a schedule)i know how often she drinks my milk,but i need help on feeding her foods regularly,shes tried lots of food,just nothing on a regular basis

angelairelan

Asked by angelairelan at 3:50 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i guess just whenever she is interested in eating.
    the one thing i would suggest is having your husband give milk before offering any solids.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 3:53 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I wouldn't try too hard to make it a scheduled thing, just feed her when she's hungry! My guy eats two to three times a day while I'm at work, and it can range from four ounces at a time to ten! It all depends on him!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:46 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I agree with the pp. My pediatrician said that when the baby cries, try a diaper change first. If that doesn't work then try food. My little girl was eating 3-4 meals a day at 6 months with a 4 oz. bottle between meals. That worked out to every 2-3 hours. But every baby is different!
    jenluv37

Answer by jenluv37 at 11:31 PM on Dec. 22, 2008