Anyone ever have "dreams" about a former love?

So...last night I had a very nice "dream" about my first love. We never dated or anything, but I was completely and totally in love with this guy. I am happily married (10 years) with two kids.

I haven't seen this guy in probably 8 years and don't really even think of him that often, but last night...WOW! This dream was very vivid and I've been thinking of him all day. It was a kind of what I had always wanted with htis guy before I met my husband. I just can't figure out why I'm having this dream all of a sudden.

More than anything, I just wanted to get this off of my chest. I can't exactly talk to my husband about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Yes, i have too. I don't understand why it happens but every now and them i will have a dream. They make me mad sometimes b/c I'm so happy with my Hubby, I just want him to be out of my dreams! They are never bad but still... it's weird

AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 4:00 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I think they're fun. It's just a dream. It's nothing to feel guilty about. I am very happily married but I find myself having "dreams' about not only old flames but on occasion co-workers or people I went to high school with. Usually I wake up thinking "What the...? That was weird." but I certainly don't feel guilty. It doesn't mean that I love my husband any less or that I find him any less attractive. It's just fun having a crazy dream every now and again. The only dream I ever had that truly made me uncomfortable is when I had a dream that involved my husband's best friend/cousin. He had been staying with us at the time and I couldn't look at him for like a week. I was so embarrassed and of course he had no idea. I told my sister about it and her reply was, "Thank god I'm not the only one!" I guess she had one too. LOL!
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 5:06 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Oh, but it wasn't "just a dream"...lol. And, it waaaaaas niice!

I am feeling guilty b/c I know how much I really loved this guy at one time. It's how I dreamed it all would be like. I woke up and I was like...Damn...why did that dream have to be over?

Thanks ladies...I'm feeling a little better about it.
    Anonymous

• Yes. It almost made me feel guilty, even though I didn't actually DO anything!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:07 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Yes and I wake up upset because this guy totally screwed me over and he still "haunts" me in my dreams. I just wish he would leave my life completely.
    Anonymous