Need moral support.. is it a good thing I stayed home?

So I am 38 weeks prego. I am scheduled for a c section on Jan 4th on my due date. Last night I was having some mean contractions about 45 min apart but they went away. Last Thurs I went to the dr and he said I wasn't dialating or anything and I see him again this Wednesday (in 2 days). I doubt he would approve me to start maternity leave just yet. I didn't know we were expecting this huge storm to hit today and we already got 6 inches of snow. I am a spazz when it comes to driving in the snow and I get super stressed out.. so I called into work. My hubby said it probably was a good idea just to be safe but I don't want to be a coward and blame not driving to work because of my pregnancy. Help me feel better ladies!

babybird1007

Asked by babybird1007 at 4:09 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Being so far along, I think it was a good call. You don't want to risk it, and driving in snow... being huge, is probably not a good idea. So just relax and make up excuses while you can! Just enjoy the day off.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 4:14 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Fah-get about it!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 4:14 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• If I were you, I would go ahead and start your leave, so you can go ahead and get everything ready for baby and rest up, because you're heading into many sleepless nights!! Also, don't feel bad about calling out because of the snow! I would too, I just wouldn't risk it. Lots of people call out for snow/snowstorms. You're protecting yourself and your baby!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 4:14 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I think it was a good idea to stay home. You are putting your's and your unborn child's safety first and that is more important than ANY job. Congratulations on the baby!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:15 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• at this point, stay home be safe for you and your baby
    Thalie

Answer by Thalie at 4:15 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Girl , you are about to drop that baby and you do not to be in snow up to your butt when you do it. Don't think about you, think about the baby, and you won't feel any guilt.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:16 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Good call... even if you weren't pregnant!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 4:17 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Well you should be extra cafeful when you are pregnant, but besides that, I hear ya about hating to drive when the roads may be bad. Even if you weren't pregnant you made the safe choice.

Answer by Bmat at 4:21 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Tell them you had a sore throat and enjoy the day off.

Answer by gemgem at 4:22 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• No kidding...Your about to pop and was afraid to drive in the snow (I would be the same way). You were just fine for calling in today. No big deal!!!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 5:23 PM on Dec. 22, 2008