Natural, Homeopathic Induction

OK so over the weekend I've been doing some heavy reading on how to induce labor at home. Of course I've got a ton of ideas now but I don't have any info on what works best. And yes I know that sometimes no matter what you do the baby isn't going to come until it's darn good and ready. From what I've read the baby gives off a hormone that tells my body when to start dilating and all the good stuff. Well guess what it has. But I don't want to wait around for my body to work. At my last DR Appt. I was 2 cm and 25% effaced. At the L&D the other night it hadn't changed.
So my question is what is the best method for inducing yourself did you ladies use. And unfortunately no sex is not an option hubby won't touch me right now. Grrrr...!

2murphyboys

Asked by 2murphyboys at 4:13 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My best advice is to eat some spicy food if you can take it, go for a long walk, and if hubby won't touch you, then do it yourself, including nipple stimulation. I've heard a lot of moms tell about how spicy food helped them, walking is a known helper, and orgasms trigger uterine contractions, along with nipple stimulation (this is why nursing your baby helps in recovery, because the uterus will contract and shrink quicker). Don't worry, we won't tell!
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 4:25 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• That hormone takes some time to kick in. It is normal to walk around for weeks dilated. Dilation isn't really the big indicator.. it is contractions. If your baby isn't ready then it isn't going to release the hormone to start contractions.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 4:36 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Sex and walking. Sperm has a chemical in it that softens the cervix and the orgasm helps kick in contractions! Walking just helps progress things. You can also have your doctor strip your membranes, but they will only do this on or right before you are due. I had my membranes stripped and a day later had my son! Good Luck.
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 5:37 PM on Dec. 22, 2008